Friday, March 2, 2012

Rewards

I am a chiropractor. Day in, day out, I talk to people about focusing on the actions, and being aware that those actions are what will bring you better health for life. It is not the short term changes you see that make all the difference, but the life you are building.

In saying that, over the last few days I have had some short term rewards that have certainly kept me on the path. I can fit into shirts now that I really didn't fit only a couple of months ago. I am about 10 kg lighter, and my shoulders are bigger.

Now I have not been perfect, but I am getting better every day. Eating better, training better, and smarter, being more caring to myself. I can not wait to see what the rest of this year, and the rest of my life, bring.

2 comments:

  1. Stopped by your blog and went through your posts.. Glad to see you are making progress and awesome that you are following CFFB(I've been kind of enviously gawking at the workouts on there).. I on the other hand, lost my box membership due to finances, don't have a gym membership and have really stopped working out and kind of fallen into a rut. Although I did walk 6 miles with my wife yesterday, but I'm still not sure that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can suggest, Vladimir, is to get back to it. Find something you enjoy, and get to it. Sometimes we can get lost in the negative self comments (oh its too hard, I don't know if I can do it, I am so far behind, no point starting today).

    But....

    Every day is a new day, and every day is an opportunity to start fresh, and start anew.

    ReplyDelete