Sunday, February 12, 2012

Getting serious

Many of you who will be reading this already know me. You might have even heard me speak and interact on health and wellbeing. You know I have a lot of knowledge, education, and training on health and wellness.

But....

I have not been good at following through on what I know. My diet has been poor, my exercise has been inconsistent, I have let the worlds stresses get the better of me (work, family, finances etc etc) and have used that as an excuse to not take action. It lead me to a maximum weight of over 130kg! Fat, unfit, unhappy, and getting sick. my immune system was low, my blood pressure was high, my blood work was poor. I was exactly what I was trying to help people not be.

I finally took some action. I found crossfit albury/wodonga (shameless plug), started eating a bit better, exercising more, doing a bit. I dropped 10kg or so, and started to feel a little better about myself, but I was beat up (in retrospect, I was not resting well enough, nor was I eating well enough for recovery). I stopped going for a while, and was inconstant when I was there, and no surprises, I put back on weight and I was miserable again.

In January I got some scales, and bam I was back at 126.7kg. I just can not deal with this in a half assed way anymore. I need to make a permanent change in my lifestyle, For me, for my family, for my friends, for my business and patients. For everyone.

So i have started this to help keep me accountable. If you see this, and you are willing to help keep me on track, and can be a positive, supportive person in this, please subscribe, and please comment away. I will not be sharing this anywhere often, so if you are one of those people I know (or even if I do not know you), and you are willing to be a positive influence on this change I am making, then please join in, and I thank you.

Lets get started.

2 comments:

  1. get in there scotty .....I will be with you all the way.....In fact I will be looking to you to inspire me!!!! I need to sort myself out too!!

    ReplyDelete