Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random acts of kindness (to myself)

I am hard on myself. Pretty much always have been. If I spoke to someone else the way I speak to myself in my head, I would probably get punched. Its not good for me (nor is it for you if you are in the same boat). I do not have time to talk about stress pathways, and what they do to your immunity, health, energy levels, fat levels etc; just trust me, it sucks.

So today i thought I would publicly pat myself on the back. I have been working HARD in the gym. Not at my beloved box (I really just can not get there this week), but I have been following CFFB at my gym, and I have really put in. I have eaten really well this week. Not perfectly, but well enough that I am expecting some great changes coming my way (and I have stayed under 120kg). I have had a great week in practice, and I am seeing that grow every day.

Through all these changes, i have been a really loving, pleasant and fun guy to be around. In the past changes like these have been accompanied with whining, complaining, and giving up. Not this week (although I have 3 x 300 shuttle runs tonight, lets see if i complain about those!).

basically, i have been the kind of guy i want to be this week, and I am pretty proud of myself for it.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! You've gently reminded me that where there's a will, there's a way. Lately, I've lost a little will, but you've reminded me of how good it feels to be back on track. (So thanks!) The changes in energy, temperament, and outlook are all dramatically impacted by these postive changes. You're doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it baby, it is a pretty amazing feeling. We are all more capable than we ever thought. Just find the great in yourself, and keep finding ways to make them even better! Thanks for the reply.

      Delete